Sunday, January 20, 2008

One word programming language summary revisted.

In my previous blog post, I tried to describe some mainstream programming languages in a couple of words. After some deep reflection, I am revising what I said earlier. This time, I want to associate the language with tasks that the language is known for.

1. Haskell: General Purpose Language
2. Python: Twisted network framework, scripting, easy to read, easy to use
3. Ruby: Ruby on Rails, dynamic, easy to use
4. Scala: Improvement over the java language, work with existing java libraries
5. Java: Lots of libraries, lots of community, commercial involvement
5. Factor: New and emerging, fast, smart people working on the project.
6. C: Desktop development, fast, low-level development.
7. Erlang: Parallel development, server development

No comments: